A.K. Khan Foundation was established by founder Chairman Janab A.K. Khan on 31st March 1991. 30% of the annual profits of AKK have been earmarked for social welfare projects and programmes in health and education every year through A.K. Khan Foundation as willed by the Founder Chairman one day before he passed away. The foundation is engaged in philanthropic activities with a special focus on sustainable social development activities like-
- Relief & Rehabilitation Services under the Scheme of Humanitarian Assistance.
- Educational Stipends/Scholarships for the Needy and Meritorious Students.
- Assistance for Medical Treatment of the underprivileged.
- Humanitarian assistance for vulnerable people.
- Providing therapeutic services as well as prosthesis and orthosis to people with disabilities through a partnership with Centre for the Rehabilitation of the Paralyzed (A.K. Khan-CRP. Chittagong Centre).
- Sponsoring many Projects for underprivileged children & adolescents of the country to make them productive human resources.
- Provided funding to construct A. K. Khan Law Faculty Building at chittagong University
- Provided funding to Chittagong University of Engineering and Technology (CUET) to setup a female hostel "Shamsun Nahar Khan Hall”